Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Must Read in 2014-Summer Update

Wow! I can't believe it is already time to do the summer update for my Must Read in 2014 list. I'm just in shock that it is already July! June went by so fast!

Well in January I started my list with 18 books and at the update in April I had read 9 of the books off of that list. In the April update I also added another 12, to bring my total up to 30.  Looking back over the whole list, I'm feeling pretty good because I have read 15 of the books!

Below are a few of the highlights of the 15 that I've read.

I just loved Duke by Kirby Larson. Click here for a summary on Goodreads. In fact, I haven't found a Kirby Larson book that I haven't fallen in love with. This is going to be a great book to add to my library next year. 

17265217

Another great book from my list was The Pigeon Needs a Bath by Mo Willems. Click here for a summary on Goodreads. I never get tired of the pigeon books. I love each and every one! And I love sharing them with the kids. I made sure to have multiple copies of this book for the kids next year.

17846011

I really enjoyed Peanut Butter and Jellyfish by Jarrett J. Krosoczka. Click here for a summary on Goodreads. I fell in love with this book while showing the book trailer to my Kindergarten and First Grade students. 


17842028 

A book that wasn't on my Must Read in 2014 list, but is a wonderful read, is This Journal Belongs to Ratchet by Nancy J. Cavanaugh. Click here for a summary on Goodreads. This book just wowed me! Once I started reading it, I couldn't stop until I finished. I could really identify with the main character Ratchet (Rachel). Like her, I always felt (and sometimes still do) like I was on the outside looking in when it came to friends and fitting in. If you haven't read this one, I highly suggest that you pick it up.

15942671

Happy Reading!! 
How have you been doing on your Must Read in 2014 list?

Stacey (@libraryjo92)

3 comments:

  1. I have a copy of This Journal Belongs to Ratchet that I am planning to take on one of my summer trips. So pleased to hear you liked it so much! Great progress on your list! Half way there! I too love Kirby Larson and want to read this title of hers. She is such a great author and a big hearted person! Thanks for participating in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing about This Journal Belongs to Ratchet a lot! I might break down and read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too really liked Duke and can't wait for Dash! Kirby Larson can do no wrong in my book. I shared that book with my daughter's fourth grade class and they loved it, too! Rachet is on my TBR and it sounds like I might need to bump it up a bit. Happy reading! My update: http://wp.me/pVGTQ-OM

    ReplyDelete