Friday, April 18, 2014

Celebrate!

Discover. Play. Build.Every week, Ruth Ayres over at Discover. Play. Build. invites people to share celebrations from their week. Please visit and consider linking up your own celebration.

This week I got to celebrate that I made it to Spring Break. There were a couple days last week, that I wasn't sure I was going to make it! I was quite exited for Spring Break because this year it meant, going back home to spend time with my family. It is funny that I call it Pennsylvania home, when I've never lived there. I always believe that home is where my family is located. We had not made it there since a short trip last summer. Every time we planned a trip it seemed to snow, either in Maryland or in Pennsylvania. This trip was no exception! Even though the calendar said April, we had some snow and temperatures that felt more like winter!

It was so nice to be able to spend time with our family. We didn't do anything but hang out and talk. Many of us are connected on Facebook, but that is not the same as sitting around the kitchen table sharing some homemade goodies, a cup of coffee, and great conversation. My dad and I are still in the process of researching our family history, so we were excited to visit with his cousin and ask her some questions about our relatives. There were a lot of questions that she couldn't answer because she was so young or didn't know/remember. We keep kicking ourselves for not asking the questions when my grandparents and great grandparents were still alive. So it is now time for us to continue to do more research an over the summer meet with some priests to review church records and walk some more graveyards. 

Stacey (@libraryjo92)

No comments:

Post a Comment