Sunday, February 23, 2014

Celebrate! (A Day Late)

Discover. Play. Build.Every week, Ruth Ayres over at Discover. Play. Build. invites people to share celebrations from their week. Please visit and consider linking up your own celebration.

I'm a day late, but I didn't turn my computer on at all yesterday. I've got a few things that I'm celebrating from this past week.

First thing is that the renovation on my bathroom started this week. I have hated my tub/shower since about a month after I moved in. I've waited about thirteen years, but I'm finally having it replaced. I'm going from a tub/shower to just a shower and a linen closet put in too. I've been kicked out of my room, sleeping on the sofa bed in the basement and showering at my parents house. But it will all be worth it in the end.

The second celebration is that I got to see all my classes this week! This was the first time in a long time that I have seen all of them due to weather. On Friday, we had an early dismissal day which means we have 30 minutes classes. This leads me to my third celebration. My last class on Friday was second grade. We we just finishing up checking out and had about 5 minutes left in class. The weather had been iffy all day and we were under a tornado watch. Well, next thing I know they are coming over the PA system saying we had a Code White, which is a weather related code. We needed to take shelter immediately. So the kids, my assistant, and myself went back into our closet. I managed to grab the container of Elephant and Piggie books so we had something to read. We were in the closet for 50 minutes. There was a tornado that past near us. You can read about it here. The kids that I had with me did great. The best quote was, as many of my little boys started to have to use the bathroom, "Do you guys have a bucket?". Thankfully we got out a few minutes after they all started to have to go. It was an interesting way to end the day, but very tiring once the adrenaline stopped.

Stacey (@libraryjo92)

No comments:

Post a Comment