Monday, July 8, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

This meme was started by Sheila at Book Journey.  The kid's version was started by the lovely ladies at Teach Mentor Text.

Another week has gone by, I hope summer slows down soon so that it doesn't pass by too fast!  I'm getting some reading down, it is a nice break from cleaning.  In the summer I always make sure I do a really good cleaning of my house.  I'm talking about moving furniture, and breaking out the polish!  I always give myself 30 minutes to clean and then as a reward 10 minutes of reading time.  I set the timer and I'm very strict with myself.

The 13-Storey TreehouseI'm still getting through The Emerald Atlas.  I'm really enjoying the story!  I also read this week a very quick chapter book, The 13-Storey Treehouse by Andy Griffiths.  Click here for a summary from Goodreads.  I can see many of my kids loving this book.  The kids who like Diary of Wimpy Kid will really enjoy this book.  It was not a favorite of mine, but I can see how the humor will appeal to kids.  Though I would love to have a machine that will shoot marshmallows into my mouth whenever I want!  There is going to be a sequel, The 26-Storey Treehouse.  According to Amazon, the release date for this book is April 1, 2014.

This is going to be a short post this week, because I hear the vacuum cleaner calling my name!  

Happy Cleaning!!  I mean Happy Reading!!

Stacey (@libraryjo92)

No comments:

Post a Comment