Monday, January 21, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?




This meme was started by Sheila at Book Journey and the kids' version borrowed from the wonderful ladies at Teach Mentor Texts.

I'm come to the realization that I still have a book gap.  I'm really good at reading all different types of fiction, including historical fiction.  I worked very hard, last year to read more historical fiction because it wasn't one of my favorite genres.  But thanks to Twitter and some great recommendations  I've become a fan of historical fiction.  I just wasn't reading the right books.  

In this new year I'm going to try and get rid of my other book gap, nonfiction. I am a true blue fan of fiction and will pick it over nonfiction any day.  That is why I'm working very hard to read more nonfiction.


Armadillos

This week I read Armadillos by Steve Potts.  This one is a Pebble Plus book, which means it is more of a lower reading level book.  I learned so much about armadillos!  I just fell in love with the pictures of the of the baby armadillos!




Face to Face with ManateesI also read Face to Face With Manatees by Brian Skerry.  I really liked the Face to Face series.  I have seen a few of these, but had never read one from cover to cover.  In this one, I really liked how Brian Skerry wrote the text and was also the photographer.  Since he took the pictures in the book, as you were reading the text you could tell he had a personal connection with his subject matter.  I learned a whole lot about manatees.  I didn't know much about them and I feel that this series was a great introduction to manatees.  I will be looking for others in this series to purchase for my library!

Right now I'm rereading A Nest for Celeste in preparation for my school's visit from Henry Cole.

Happy Reading!!

Stacey (@libraryjo92) 

No comments:

Post a Comment