Thursday, August 2, 2012

My "Other Blog"

I've been having so much fun with this blog, I decided to start one for my school Library Media Center.  I'm having a lot of fun with that one too.  Granted it is a lot more work having to post on two different blogs, but I think that it is a great way for me to share book ideas, websites, and news with my students and their parents.  One thing that I decided to do to keep my students reading this summer was to create the "Take a BOOK on Vacation" program.  The point of the program is to get pictures of them reading over the summer.      


At the end of the school year I showed the students the blog and my examples of me reading at Fort Necessity in Pennsylvania.  I passed out the form that I created and waited.  Since this was the first summer I was trying this, my goal was to get one student picture back.  So far I've gotten four students pictures back!  One student even sent back five different pictures!!  I even got pictures from my school nurse.  (I sent the form to the staff as well.)  When I go back to school I will have the pictures printed out and they will be part of my first bulletin board.


Here is a link to my other blog.  Feel free to look, but if you wish to comment please do so on this blog.


Happy Reading!!


Stacey (@libraryjo92)

No comments:

Post a Comment