Friday, March 23, 2012

What I Read This Week!

I read off and on this week.  With testing two days of the week and a really HOT Media Center, it was really a struggle to find the energy to read.  I knew if I was struggling to read, I was really tired!

First of all I have to post about my new favorite book:  

Fake Mustache by Tom Angleberger


I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book!!  I laughed out loud so many times.  Lenny is just a regular kid who stands between his evil-genius best friend Casper.  
If you or your students need a good laugh, this is the book.  I've got so many holds already on this book, I'm going to have to buy another copy or not all the 5th Graders are going to get to read it before the end of the year!

I also read the following books this week:  
BookSpeak!: Poems About Books, Grandpa Green, I Want My Hat Back, Stuck, and Me...Jane.  I enjoyed all of them.  I really wanted to love Grandpa Green, but I didn't.  Good story and great illustrations, but I couldn't fall in love with it.  I thought I Want My Hat Back was funny!  I have a few kids in mind to recommend the book once it get processed.  BookSpeak!: Poems About Books was good.  I'm a sucker for any book about books.  Me...Jane was just such a sweet book!  It makes me want to seek out other books about Jane Goodall.

I'll post again on Monday about what I'm planning to read.  Only one more week until Spring Break and a huge pile of books for me to read.

Stacey
@libraryjo92

1 comment:

  1. I read the first few pages of Fake Mustache tonight when we were at the bookstore. I can't wait to read more! Looks like fun already. Grandpa Green really made me think, I feel like it's a book that you kind of have to coach kids with but I liked it. I love that you enjoyed Hat Back!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete