Monday, March 26, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


 



This meme was started by Sheila at Book Journey and the kids' version borrowed from the wonderful ladies at Teach Mentor Texts.

I have to post about a great book that I read this weekend, Amelia Lost: The Life and Disappearance of Amelia Earhart by Candace Fleming.

I was totally fascinated by this book!  I never realized how much I didn't know about her life!  Once I started reading this book I couldn't stop.  Candace Fleming painted such a picture in my mind with her words.  I felt like I was watching a movie in my mind!  If you haven't read this book, I highly recommend it!  I just have to say that I love Candace Fleming as an author.  One of my favorites is Muncha! Muncha! Muncha!

I've got a few picture books and a few chapter books I'm trying to read.  The picture books are:  Muhammad Ali: The People's Champion, Aggie the Brave, Grumpy Bird, and All Star!: Honus Wagner and the Most Famous Baseball Card Ever.  The chapter books I'm reading are Smile, and The Genius Files #2: Never Say Genius.

I'll post my reactions to the books later on during the week, hopefully a bit earlier than Friday!  Have a great week!

Stacey
@libraryjo92

5 comments:

  1. LOVE Ameila Lost. Candace Fleming is my favorite author! Is the Smile you are reading the graphic novel? If so, I really enjoyed that one. Liked the Honus Wagner book too and Grumpy Bird is a big hit at storytimes at my library. Sounds like you have a great list of books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Smile is the graphic novel. My girls just love it so, I thought I'd give it a try. Over Spring Break I want to try the Dork Diaries. I think I'll have to check it out from the Public Library because mine don't stay on the shelf at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't Amelia Lost good? I am hoping to get it into some students' hands soon to see if they enjoy it as much too.

    Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amelia Lost is a great book. I just saw an article saying they might have clues as to where she ended up and are going out to look again. How crazy is that? I'm excited for the second Genius Files book. The first one was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just loved Amelia Lost. I even got my mother to read it because I talked about it so much. Jen the Genius Files is just as good as the first one. I loved how Dan Gutman keeps referring to the first book. He basically tells you that you need to read the other book and keeps saying it throughout the book.

    ReplyDelete