Monday, March 5, 2012

Good Reads Challenge-Best Chapter Books

Yesterday I posted about my favorite picture books so far this year.  Today I've got my list of great chapter books!  Once again thanks to Twitter I have had a lot of great suggestions.  One has been the best book I've ever read.  That book was Wonder by R.J. Palacio.  I checked it out of the library and started it that day and didn't put it down until I was finished.  It is such an inspiring and moving book.  Everyone should read it!


*Wonder by R..J. Palacio
*Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer by John Grisham (turned me into a Grisham fan again)
*Home of the Brave by Katherine Applegate
*Crow by Barbara Wright (also a really great book; highly suggest reading it)
*An Elephant in the Garden by Michael Morpurgo
*Breaking Stalin's Nose by Eugene Yelchin (also a really great book; highly suggest reading it)
*The Might Miss Malone by Christopher Paul Curtis
*Storm Runners #3:  Eruption by Roland Smith (highly recommend the whole series)
*On the Blue Comet by Rosemary Wells
*I Survived series (all of the books) by Lauren Tarshis
*Frankie Pickle series by Eric Wright
*When Life Gives You O.J. by Erica S. Perl
*Smells Like Treasure by Suzanne Selfors (sequel to Smells Like Dog)
*Knucklehead: Tall Tales and Almost True Stories Growing Up by Jon Scieszka (an autobiography)


If you haven't jumped on the Twitter bandwagon I highly suggest you do.  You can follow me on Twitter, @libraryjo92.  Some other great people to follow on Twitter are, @mentortexts, @donalynbooks, @colbysharp, @100scopenotes, @MrSchuReads.


Next up will be great graphic novels!


Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment