Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Tale of Two Classes

I tried my Kindergarten activity again with the book Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.  Well, this time it sank like a lead balloon.  When making the web, the student either just raised there hand and had no answer or gave the same answer that three students who had original answers gave.  My favorite by far today, which I had to chuckle at or I was going cry, was when asked "It was cloudy with a chance of ______?  The answer that I received was "water".  Thank goodness this was the last class of the day!  I get an opportunity to do the lesson again on Friday and next Tuesday.  So I will see if it was just the class having an off day, or if it was me! (I think this is the best part of my job, getting to reteach the lesson and tweak what doesn't work).

Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment