Monday, October 10, 2011

Another Winner from Rick Riordan--The Son of Neptune

I have been a fan of Rick Riordan's books for about five years. My then fifth graders and I were watching the DVD for the upcoming book fair. The third book in the Percy Jackson series, The titan's Curse was advertised. I had never heard of it before, and I told the kids that. One fifth grader named Jack, told me it was a great series and I should read it. Well, I took all three books in the series home and read all of them over the weekend! And I even pre-ordered the fourth book!

Rick Riordan continues to write such interesting and engaging books for students and adults. His newest one, The Son of Neptune, is amazing!! I couldn't put the book down. Once again I got to the end of the book and screamed in frustration because Riordan left me with a cliffhanger! He is such a masterful storyteller who always leave you wanting the next book. Now I only have to wait until the fall of 2012 until the next book in the Heroes of Olympus is published.

It's going to be a long wait!!!

Stacey

P.S.: I've posted the book trailer for The Son of Neptune. I was thrilled to figure out how to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment